A common question we get from our amazing customers at Great White North Diesel is which tuning platform is best for my truck? GWN carries custom tuning on 4 of the major tuning platforms and the answer lies in a combination of a few factors: We usually weight the factors based on:
- What brand and year of truck our customer has
- What his budget and needs are
- Does our customer have multiple trucks to tune
- Computer skills of the customer
The EZ Lynk platform hit the market running in 2016 and has really revolutionized the custom tuning platform with its user-friendly and technological savvy way of accessing vehicles. Currently, Great White North Diesel can provide custom tuning and calibrations for GM Duramax 2011-16 (LML) trucks, Ford Superduty Powerstroke 6.4L 2008-2010, Ford Superduty Powerstroke 6.7L 2011-2019, Ford F150 3.0L Powerstroke 2018-2019, Dodge Ram Cummins 6.7L 2007-2021 and Nissan Titan 5.0L 2016-2019.
GWN customers choosing the EZ Lynk platform use a handheld device which is paired to an Android or Apple device to retrieve custom calibrations from the cloud to flash onto their vehicle.
After this Lynk is established, users are able to use their phone or tablet to monitor data in real time as they drive as well as easy data logging to record vehicle information for further analysis and insight.
- The easiest platform to use for flashing tunes and logging truck information
- Works on a wide variety of trucks, Duramax, Cummins and Powerstoke
- Easiest device to use if end user has multiple trucks to tune with one device
- Can be used to monitor essentials like boost, EGTs and other PIDS as you drive
- Control for switch on the fly tuning is accessible through the paired hand held device
- Often slightly more costly than EFI, SCT or HP Tuners setups
This famous New Zealand based tuning platform gained popularity in the late 90s in the GM LS world, but exploded when it released support for the 6.6L Duramax. Currently supporting GM Duramax 6.6l trucks (LB7, LLY, LMM and LML) and vans (LGH) from 2001-2016, Dodge Ram Cummins from 2006-2021 and GM LWN 2.8L trucks and vans from 2016-2020.
The powerful tuning platform allows for skilled tune writers to develop and deliver custom calibrations for ECM and TCM modules of the trucks listed to meet the demands of both everyday diesel drivers as well as performance enthusiasts.
Great White North Diesel customers are usually using an EFI Live Autocal to communicate with the control modules in their vehicle. This handheld device allows for full read of ECM and TCM, flashing of custom calibrations, data logging as well as the ability to read DTCs.
- Relative ease of use
- Strong support for Duramax and Cummins truck
- Hardware availability is quite steady and widespread
- No support for Ford Powerstrokes and Ram Ecodiesel
- No real time monitoring of the truck is available with an Autocal
- Calibration reads, loading and module licensing process (VIN Licencing) takes some understanding and computer skills.
- No display